There’s nothing quite like the clarity and energy you feel in the morning running on a cocktail of body fat, caffeine, and ketones. Now the body fat and ketones take care of themselves on a keto diet but the caffeine takes some effort so we’ll minimize that so you can focus on your work.
Using this method, brewing once makes enough coffee concentrate for about a weeks worth of coffee. To make each cup just pour as much coffee concentrate as you want and add hot or cold water until it reaches the color you want. I usually prefer one part concentrate to two parts hot water (1/3 concentrate). Each cup takes virtually no time and gives you total control over the caffeine timing and frequency.
Hands-on: 3 minutes
Total: 48 hours
- Electric kettle (Easy hot water to mix with the concentrate)
- Food scale (Makes measuring the coffee quick and precise)
- Funnel (Makes poring coffee grounds into the filter quick and mess free)
- Second pitcher (To store and pour the coffee so you can make more in the cold brew pitcher before you run out)
- Beaker (Measurements right on your cup and plenty of room to blend fat into your coffee with a hand blender)
- 120 grams (1.5 cups) Coffee Beans – depending on how strong you want the concentrate.
- Weigh out 120g (1.5 cups) of coffee beans and grind them coarse
- Fill the filter with coffee groundsIf you can’t weigh your coffee fill the filter to an inch or two below the top (use a funnel if you’ve got one)
- Fill the pitcher to 2 inches from the top of the clear bottle
- Twist to attach the lid to filter, seal the lid, shake it a bit, and put it in the fridge on its side
- Feel free to shake it up occasionally during brewing
- After 36-48 hours take out and empty filter of grounds into the trash and pour the coffee into the second pitcher. The coffee will stay good for a couple of weeks.
Note: This post contains affiliate links that make me a small percentage of the sales at no cost to you. This is currently the best way for me to keep Savage Fuel sustainable and work towards developing and producing original ketogenic products that I wish existed.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Please consult a medical professional before making any medical decisions. These are my personal opinions based on years of practicing the ketogenic diet. The details in this post may not be up to date so be sure to check for updated numbers.
Notes and References [ + ]
|1.||↑||If you can’t weigh your coffee fill the filter to an inch or two below the top|