Eggs are a great keto food with zero carbs and a great balance between fat and protein. They’re also a great way to make sure you always have something easy when you don’t have any meat or fish ready. Using this method cuts out most of the hands-on and cleanup time making eggs even more convenient.
The most efficient way to make hard-boiled or fried eggs is to not boil or fry them. Just like bacon, the best way to cook eggs is in the oven. Baking them produces consistent results, lets you set a timer to forget about them until they’re ready, and makes cooking in bulk take no extra hands-on time or cleanup.
- Set oven to 350° (If you have problems with your eggs cracking in the oven, reduce the temperature to 320° and increase the cooking time to about 20 minutes)
- Put silicon inserts on the baking sheet and add eggs
- Once oven reaches 350° put the baking sheet in and set your timer for 18-24 minutes (depends on your oven and how many eggs you’re cooking, try starting at 22m and adjusting from there. Cooking time will vary based on the size, temperature, number of eggs, size of baking sheet, how you like your eggs etc.)
- When your timer goes off take the sheet out of the oven, put it directly in the refrigerator to finish cooking, firm up, and cool off. (I let them cool in the fridge because it takes less effort but if you want to eat them sooner you can dunk them in ice water just keep in mind you’ll need to increase the time in the oven with this method.)
- Set oven to 350° (You can cook them anywhere from 300° – 400° just remember you’ll have to adjust your cook time)
- Crack eggs into the silicon inserts and put them on the baking sheet
- Once oven reaches 350° put the baking sheet in and set your timer for 16 minutes. (Always a good idea to set your timer for less time than you think they’ll take and check on them until you know how long they take)
- When your timer goes off or the whites are no longer transparent around the yolk take the sheet out of the oven, give them a minute to finish cooking, and enjoy!
Help support Savage Fuel and spread the word that Fat is your Friend with our exclusive shirt and mug! Featuring a couple of irresistibly cute butter buddies with plenty of colors to choose from.